Call for submission
SCO25 marks the 25th anniversary of the Singapore Chinese Orchestra. This year, we are commissioning a brand new composition by Wang Chenwei and we would like for you to be a part of the music! Simply share a 30-second audio greeting in your own dialect or native language for our 25th anniversary. Your voice recording will be a musical element that forms the overall composition.
Read below for more information on the submission details:
- Chinese dialect – Hokkien, Cantonese, Teochew, Hainanese, Hakka etc
- Mother tongue
Foreigners, immigrants and PRs
- Native language
- Preferred format: WAV 24 bit, 48 kHz
- We also accept other formats, e.g. recording from phone
- Do not edit the audio with additional effects e.g. reverb, echo
- Record in a quiet space i.e. turn off fan, air-con
- Allow for 2-3 seconds of silence after the start and before the end of your SCO25 greeting
- Ensure that the audio gain is adjusted to a moderate level that does not clip or distort
Disclaimer: By submitting your recording, you confirm that you are the creator of the recording, and grant permission for SCO to use it for any purpose without any compensation.