We aspire to be a world-renowned Chinese orchestra with a uniquely Singaporean character. Committed to inspiring Singapore and the World with our music, we regularly create superb concerts and events that captivate our audience and make an impact in the community. We would like to invite you to be part of the SCO family and join us as HEAD OF DEPARTMENT (CONCERT PRODUCTION). You shall serve as a key member of the orchestra’s programmes team in planning and executing educational and outreach engagement initiatives.
This position reports to the SCO Director (Programmes), and is responsible for overseeing the concert production team in support of SCO rehearsals and live or virtual concerts. It involves technical leadership of the stage management dimensions of the orchestra and the venue, as well as team leadership, management and monitoring of vendors including hall acoustics and recording providers.
WHO SHOULD APPLY
This position requires a solid mix of hands-on technical and managerial experience, and candidates should have demonstrated track record of professional excellence in service to the music sector. Tertiary music qualifications are required, and additional qualifications related to job summary would be an advantage. Candidate must be proficient in both English and Chinese for liaison with Mandarin speaking musicians, artistes and stakeholders.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
This role also includes overseeing Singapore Conference Hall (SCH) venue logistics, manpower, instruments and equipment for all concerts (local and overseas), and its maintenance. Additionally, this role oversees SCH concert hall acoustical systems, as well as technical support for all audio and video recording and transmission projects, including coordination with orchestra library and archival departments.
- Plan, manage and control departmental budget
- Develop, maintain and implement a strategic and forward looking plan, in consultation with reporting officer, including rehearsal schedules, concerts, programme themes and ideas, digital platforms, special events, broadcasts and recordings etc.
- Proactive identification of resource and equipment requirements, efficient capacity planning and manage software and hardware availability
- Oversee manpower deployment
- Scheduling and leading meetings and regular check-ins with different departments
- Oversee production management team to ensure that related equipment, music, instruments, licenses, and permits are secured, as required; logistical and administrative requirements for the musicians are met for performances, recordings and broadcasts; rehearsals and concerts are properly staffed and guest artists’ contractual, administrative and logistical requirements are met.
- Setting and enforcing the set procedures, policies and documentation requirements across production phases
- Routinely performing (or delegating) preventative maintenance on all technical and staging equipment, and instruments are carried out as specified
- Take on the lead role as technical manager and/or sound engineer for selected concerts where required and overseeing vendor performance in this area.
- Oversee the SCO/SCH acoustical enhancement system
- Provide direction and technical expertise in design, development and technical equipment
- Provide technical training and serve as a technical mentor
- Attend/manage rehearsals and concerts, as appropriate.
Interested candidates are invited to write in with their comprehensive resume with information on current and expected salaries and contact details by 16 August 2020 to:
Human Resource Department
Singapore Chinese Orchestra Company Limited
7 Shenton Way, Singapore Conference Hall
(Only shortlisted candidates will be notified)